Friday 13 January 2012

brisbane night skyline

I came to Brisbane in 1983 to do my Bachelor of Science. I loved Brisbane at the time for being a lovely blend of a bit of city, but still being enough country town to not be intolerable. I took this shot from up at Mt Coot-tha with some Kodachrome



after Uni I lived and worked in Brisbane till 2000 when I left for Tokyo. In 2004 (having come back again) I was surprised at how much growth had taken place in the few years I was gone. I went up again to Mt Coot-tha and took this pic with my Coolpix



I should get up there again and add a more current one to show how much more again its grown.

So anyone who thinks that its more crowded, fast paced and generally annoying in Brisbane (well and South East Queensland in general) you can rest assured its not just in your mind. This is just one of many clearly visible indicators.

I guess they call that development. Its just that the pace is a little rapid for my taste

No comments: